cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Copying Model Colors

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Copying Model Colors

Creo2, M010

The new appearances dialog is awful, in my opinion.

It used to be (in WF4) that I could open one model, go to the appearance
editor, click 'from model' and the model's color would be added to that
session's palette. Then I could open another model, open the appearance
editor and apply that color to the new part. How can I do this in
Creo2?

There's a copy and paste function, but it only seems to work within the
same window.

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
4 REPLIES 4

Silly me... just got this by accident:

Open the appearance manager and drag the color from the "Model" appearance section to the "My Appearances" section. These appearances will remain from one model to the next while you are in this session.

Doug, I too have been annoyed at the Creo interface for appearance manager.  I have avoided it for a long time, but what drove me here is I cannot figure out how to get a color from an assembly surface to the assembly pallet.  What Antonius suggested works only if the color was used in that assembly.

Did you ever find a way to do this?  Thanks!

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:LawrenceS)

Open the part or assembly that has the color(s) you want.  Then you can do the copy / paste, and it will remain in "My Appearances" for the entire session and you can use it in any model.

Hmm, that does work.  A lot more steps than just doing it entirely from the asm (pretty certain that was possible in ProE WF), but at least there is a (longwinded) work around.  Thanks.

Why can I only copy from some surfaces, and not from others?  I accidently selected the wrong surface when copying and pasting and want to revert it back using another nearby surface which still has the color I want...but I cannot select it.  Do you know why?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags