cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Count the number of symbols I have used on a drawing.

svlaminck
9-Granite

Count the number of symbols I have used on a drawing.

Hello,

I want to count how many symbols I have used on a drawing.

When I “flag” dimensions as important, I want to set a note on the drawing that there are X number of important dimensions for receiving department to check.

Is this possible without the use of Pro Program?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

You can find out how many symbols appear on a drawing with Review > Highlight by Attributes in Creo2 (Edit > Highlight by Attributes in WF4) then select Item Type as 2D Symbol and Owner Model as The Drawing and when you select Highlight it will highlight them on the screen and tell you in the message window how many symbols there are, but this doesn't give you any way of getting a count of a specific symbol.

Did you figure this out? I want to do something similar with revision triangles.

Miguel

Miguel,

I found no solution, without using Pro Program.

I know it is posible with Pro Program, but i have no exeperiance with this.

So we are still counting flags 😉

Stefaan

Thanks Stefaan!

Yeah, I wish there could be some kind of indicator to do that.

What is Pro Program?

Never heard of it.

Miguel

ProProgram is the text version of the model tree that can have some directives added to it. It is not a general purpose programming language - there are no loops and no branches.

It does include conditional statements. Features or components can be suppressed based on the value of a parameter. It can be set to prompt the user when the part or assembly is regenerated to enter new values for parameters. It can pass assembly parameter values to parts that have a ProProgram set to accept Inputs.

It doesn't deal with drawings.

Read more at http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/fundamentals/About_Pro_PROGRAM.html

Pro Program is a programing language to use in Creo.

With this function (License needed for assy's) it is possible to drive part assy’s, …

Small example: http://engr.bd.psu.edu/ncs/Program_Tutorial.html

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:svlaminck)

I've done my share of Pro/Program work and I'm pretty sure you can't count anything with it.

You can use the search tool. Simply search for "Drawing Symbol". You can either find all of them or one specific type.

14.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:svlaminck)

You can also add all symbols, or that specific type of symbol to a layer using rules. If you view the info for that layer it will tell you how many of them are on the layer.

15.png

Great. But how do I take that information and populate a text field so it automatically updates when I add as symbol?

Top Tags