cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Create automatic surface area for drawings

pobsd
12-Amethyst

Create automatic surface area for drawings

I would really appreciate if anyone help me to print automatic surface area of model in creo drawing -  Either in table or by creating symbol which bring the surface area of the model ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:pobsd)

You can do a search for "Creo use measurement in relation". It will give you the stuff you need to define a parameter that will contain your area measurement. Here's a typical result:

Previous Measure -> Relations Discussion

Once you've defined a parameter, you can use it in a note. I.e. if your parameter is areaModel, in the note text you type "&areaModel" wherever you want to show the value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

if model mass properties are properly calculated then model surface area is available in model parameter named PRO_MP_AREA. To display model surface area in Creo drawing create a note and enter &PRO_MP_AREA text into it.

Martin Hanák
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

You can do a search for "Creo use measurement in relation". It will give you the stuff you need to define a parameter that will contain your area measurement. Here's a typical result:

Previous Measure -> Relations Discussion

Once you've defined a parameter, you can use it in a note. I.e. if your parameter is areaModel, in the note text you type "&areaModel" wherever you want to show the value.

Top Tags