cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creation of 'drawing view' using draft entities

ptc-1953403
1-Newbie

Creation of 'drawing view' using draft entities

Hi PRO-E USERS, When i was refering a drawing file i found that the draft entities (say a laptop front view ) were created as a drawing view.It is not having any models.It is having a boundary and if u double click on it, is showing a usual "drawing view" dialog box, where you can actually change the 'VIEW TYPE'& 'SCALE' of the draft entitities and, other options('VISIBLE AREA', 'SECTION', 'view display' etc) are disabled. Generally when we convert a view into draft entities the boundary will go off and we will not be able to get the 'DRAWING VIEW' dialog box. KINDLY SUGGEST ME HOW IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE? PLEASE MAKE IT ASAP. THANKS IN ADVANCE.....
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I am surprised to see this. I am keen interested to know how would it be possible?

Hi AMARNATH,

Could you please share that part if it is not confidential.

Regards,

Ketan

mender
6-Contributor
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

Generally, these things (called '2D Views' or 'Draft Views') are made in an import operation, for example by checking the '2D Views' radio button in the IGES import to drawing options dialog.  To make them directly is a little more cumbersome:  Tools>Applications>Legacy, File>Options>Customize Ribbon>2D View (best found with 'commands not in ribbon') to have a UI control that invokes the command.

They are like regular views in that they have a name+scale, and unlike views in that they have no solid model.  They are generally intended for grouping and scaling a collection of draft entities which represent a view (as might be produced by IGES import, for example).

Top Tags