cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 2.0 Parametric Customization User Interface Files

ptc-5423342
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Parametric Customization User Interface Files

I am looking to have all users on my network pull the same toolbars. I am thinking that I need to configure my creo as I would like all users to have it and export my creo_parametric_customization.ui file. However, I am unsure how to make all users automatically pull this file. IT looks like this goes to appdata\roaming\ptc.....\.settings.....

Is there a way to set the pull location for these customized user interface file to a location on a server?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We use a batch file to start Creo Parametric. Once you have your creo_parametric_customization.ui file that you want all users to have, rename it to creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui and store it to a network location.

In the batch file copy, creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui, from the network to the local folder "C:\...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M???\text\".

If the user has a personal creo_parametric_customization.ui in their user directerory it will append their modifications to the network version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5423342)

I can see that if you want to work on their station that you may want to pull your UI into their station, but why would you want to force everyone to the same UI. If they find ways of doing things faster and better why wouldn't you let them customize their own interface. Seems like you would stifle creativity.

... and welcome to the forum.

Thanks, Dale

As all of us do extremely similar tasks, we all need quick access to the same features. By having standard toolbars/ribbons, users can easily work in teams with no user interface issues.

We use a batch file to start Creo Parametric. Once you have your creo_parametric_customization.ui file that you want all users to have, rename it to creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui and store it to a network location.

In the batch file copy, creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui, from the network to the local folder "C:\...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M???\text\".

If the user has a personal creo_parametric_customization.ui in their user directerory it will append their modifications to the network version.

Top Tags