cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 2.0 STEP File Export Issues

akrenzer
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 STEP File Export Issues

Is anyone else having issues exporting assembly models out of Creo 2.0? Specifically, in to NX? I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work, and it won't open in NX. I've also tried parasolid files too, and they also error out. Everything worked fine in Wildfire 4

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
jnezu
1-Newbie
(To:akrenzer)

which version of NX do you use?

I'm not sure exactly but did you try both AP203 and AP214 which are options of STEP.

You can change these options with Config Option, "step_export_format".

I hope you can solve the problem with this.

Jun

akrenzer
1-Newbie
(To:jnezu)

I've tried both versions of STEP, and also Parasolid.Nothing seems to work. The version of NX is 7.5

If NX is tied to Teamcenter, and you are trying to import an assembly, you might be having Teamcenter rule issues where NX cannot create the components of the assembly.

Try opening NX native (no Teamcenter tie) and then import the STEP file.

No Teamcenter involved either.I think it has something to do with BREPS. Sometimes, some file come through, others don't.

Did you look through the export options to see if breps can be output as something else? Use F4 to see all the options when the export dialog opens.

Top Tags