cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo 2.0 Stuck in a drawing

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Creo 2.0 Stuck in a drawing

I have three drawings and one model open. I used the box in the top bar to go from one to the other. I had initially tried Alt-tabbing between then, but then they are not activiated. Now I am back on the one, and I try to get to the model, but it still shows one of the drawings with the don't symbol (red circle with a red line through it) when I click on the model. If I click on any of the drawings, then are activated, but when I click on the model, it stay on a drawing and is not activated.

Thanks,

Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Short term work around. I am dragging the window with the drawing that it is stuck on out of the way enough and then I can work on the model of the screen underneath and when I am done, I move the window back into place. Any clues as to what is happening?

Bari
12-Amethyst

You can ALT + TAB to go to the desired part/drawing and then CTRL + A to activate it.

Or you can use the WINDOWS command to go and activate the desired Part/Drawing.

qwe.jpg

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Bari)

The part was activated, but it didn't bring it to the front when I used the drop down menu in your picture. Is was still under / below the drawing window that was no longer activated.

Sounds like a graphics driver issue. I've also had Creo 2.0 F001 do some funny graphics things.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Does graphic requirements change from WF5 / Creo to Creo 2.0?

Bari
12-Amethyst

You can try to update your graphic card drivers or try to run Creo without any configurations (in case you are loading you own Config.pro at the start)

No, any qualified card that worked before should still work. Non-qualified cards that worked well with WF5 should still work fine.

Drivers on the other hand are hit and miss. I upgraded to the latest NVidia driver and my Java video apps had problems. Dell support had me back down several revisions to get back to where the system was when I received it. It is a driver very close to what PTC is recommending.

I do have issues with this graphics card and driver even though it is "approved" by PTC. When I use a symbol with a filled polygon, it corrupts the screen by drawing a filed triangle across 1/2 the graphics window when making drawings.

Not switching application windows is probably a system issue. When I 1st got my laptop (Dell Precision) there was a new button in the top of the windows that added a "window priority" option (in the upper right where the X-out button is). Once I turned that feature off, the appropriate window popped up when I expected it. Maybe you can see if that is what is happening. I believe this was an NVidia feature. I'm sorry I cannot tell you more at the moment. But now that I am thinking about this, that is likely ther root cause of your issue.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Nothing was changed from WF5 / Creo to Creo 2.0. I will check and see if it drivers, but I have not upgraded them (I started at this facility in February).

Top Tags