cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo-2 Using iges from drawing in a part

ccarrillo
1-Newbie

Creo-2 Using iges from drawing in a part

I realise that we use Creo in a non-standard way, but one of things that I do a lot is export sketched lines from a drawing into an iges file, and then import that iges into a part, and use the curves in the imported iges as sweep trajectories.

In WF4, this worked well. All line segments stayed as segments, and I was able to use the curves as trajectories. Now in Creo, neither of those is true.

Problem 1) When an iges with multiple lines is imported into a part, if any straight line has intentional breaks in it, the line is no longer broken, rather it is converted into on continuous line. (in WF4 the lines kept the breaks)

Problem 2) Curves in an iges are not usable as trajectories for a sweep. Instead I am forced to create a new sketch on top of the iges curves (by projecting the lines of the iges on top of themselves) and use that sketch for the trajectory. (In WF4, iges lines were usable as sweep trajectories)

I've tried all the options in the import dialog to no avail. Am I missing something?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Not used Creo - but as you didn't mention it, have you checked the Export options to see if they have changed?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ccarrillo)

I realise that we use Creo in a non-standard way, but one of things that I do a lot is export sketched lines from a drawing into an iges file, and then import that iges into a part, and use the curves in the imported iges as sweep trajectories.

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one. I actually stumbled on an old article today that explained how to do basically the same thing. https://www.synthx.com/tom/sy_tip_0108.htm

To echo David's comments, do you still have access to WF4? It would be helpful to determine if the issue is with the export from the drawing or the import to the part. Do you still have an old WF4 export file laying around that you could bring directly into Creo?

Top Tags