cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 2 - appearance gallery - not responding

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Creo 2 - appearance gallery - not responding

When I pick on the appearance Gallery drop down, Creo goes into not responding mode with an hour glass. If I keep clicking on the button all of Creo will turn white, and sometimes I get the pallet to finally pop up.

I have a dell M6500 laptop with a Quadro fx 3800 display card.

Any ideas?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

How full is your pallette? Could it be having trouble reading the file over a network or something like that?

I have a fairly full pallette without textures and it does have a bit of overhead. It could be that textures are taking a long time to load.

So I've tried a couple things.

1. Ran without any config file at all. Performance was as I would expect it to be.

2. Moved the appearance.dmt to the c: drive and set the config path to point to the folder

pro_colormap_path C:\ptc\p_drive\pro_lib

The performance is still bad

3. I then decided to move all the files that have paths in the config.pro to the C: drive

The performance is still bad

I think it has to be something in my config.pro, but it's not pro_colormap_path.
Or possibly it could be the .dmt file. But I don't really think it's huge.

David Haigh

Pretty bizarre. I have had issues with the "pale crash" but that stopped for the most part when I went to release M010.

Never had issues with any of the appearance functions.

I'm running M6600 with Core i7 and NVIDIA 3000 and Windows 7 64 bit.

The upgrade from F001 to M010 was a bit painful and learned you should fully uninstall F001 before installing M010.

Lost a lot of files with that little "oversight" in the instructions. Good thing is that the preference settings remain in your user folder.

Top Tags