cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 3.0 crashes when exporting to PDF

alekseyj
4-Participant

Creo 3.0 crashes when exporting to PDF

Creo crashes with no error message when trying to save certain drawings to a PDF, both quick export and save as. I have no idea what differentiates the ones that are saved from the ones that cause the crash.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, found the article for this exit , Article CS261585.

If you are not in maintenance, content of that article is as:

-------------------------------

Description

• Premature exit occurs when exporting a specific drawing as PDF
  • Exit when printing a pdf

Cause

Resolution

----------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

You may try contacting Technical Support.

Datecode of Creo 3.0?

Any traceback?

You'll have to forgive me, I am still pretty new to Creo. Where do I find the datecode and traceback information?

File > Help > About Creo, you will get datecode.

When Creo will exit, there will be a message for Auto-traceback, check that message for location of traceback.  

Date code is M160.

As for a message, as stated in the starting topic, none are displayed. The windows all just disappear. Sometimes a clock window of some sort shows displaying 12:00 analog pops up before disappearing as well.

As you are not getting any traceback, I would suggest you to submit a case for PTC Technical Support to investigate the issue. 

If possible try installing latest datecode of Creo 3.0

After several attempts to save drawing as PDF, a traceback log error was generated. The contents are attached

As per traceback you are using M130 datecode.

Reviewed the traceback and seems exit were due to some symbols e.g. Diameter symbol.......

It was a known issue to PTC which has been corrected in later datecodes of Creo 3.0. I would recommend to install latest datecode of Creo 3.0.

As an alternate option, just try deleting symbols and save PDF (Not the data) to find out symbol causing issue, once found delete that symbol and export to PDF.

New version installation does not seem very plausible since we run a group license.

Are you able to determine where the offending diameter symbol is? i.e. GTOL, hole or extrusion? Since this is a round chuck with a ton of mounting holes, I would pretty much have to delete every dimension.

I believe the license will work for any version of that release. As long as you have maintenance you should be able to install later date codes and not affect the license.

Ok, found the article for this exit , Article CS261585.

If you are not in maintenance, content of that article is as:

-------------------------------

Description

• Premature exit occurs when exporting a specific drawing as PDF
  • Exit when printing a pdf

Cause

Resolution

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blows my mind how something like this went on for 6 iterations of the program

Top Tags