cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 3.0 m110 and m120 don't copy and paste text from Chrome and Notepad ...

chille
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 m110 and m120 don't copy and paste text from Chrome and Notepad ...

I've just installed the Creo 3.0 build m120...   and I noticed that the text copy&paste from Google Chrome, Notepad, Notepad++ to a drawing doesn't work ... I only can copy from Iexplorer and MS Word ...  

The copy a text from the Creo lower dashbord also doesn't work .

The workaround is paste inside the format -> text editor

The build m100 works well, but the m110 have the same behavior as m120 ...

I'm running Creo on Windows 7

Any help would be appreciated ...

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:chille)

4 REPLIES 4

hum... Ok, I concur, I see the same issue in Creo 3-m110.

specifically. I created a drawing empty no model, added a note and picked a placement location. Then tried Control-V to paste text I'd earlier copied using Control-C.

Didn't work with text copied from the message area, or Chrome. Did work with text copied from  IE.

If you type some text and then go to the properties for the note you can paste text into that dialog from any source.

This seems to be a very narrow case. The problem only seems to appear when you have placed a note on the drawing that has no text and are trying to use control-V to populate the note with the copied text.

I'd open a case with PTC.

The paste mechanism depends on the 'pasting' application asking for the desired data. The 'copying' application can place several data formats on the clipboard. I expect the problem is that the drawing note paste is failing because it is trying to retrieve a format in a way that the Clipboard can't comply and so returns a null, while the Properties Paste asks correctly.

The most likely factor is along the lines that the Windows apps put an item on the clipboard with a type of '0' and the 'paste' wasn't linked with the correct header, so it is asking for a '0' rather than a '1'.

Ref Clipboard Formats (Windows)

tl;dr this is very likely to be a PTC development problem and will need to be fixed there.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:chille)

This is a known issue.  No date for a fix is listed.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS248355

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:TomU)

That document now says it's fixed in Creo 3 M130 (due later this month) and Creo 4 M010 (already out).

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags