cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 3 Right Click Option

aedward
3-Visitor

Creo 3 Right Click Option

Hello All,

We have just upgraded to Creo 3.  I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue as I am having.

When I modify section views, after some time the right click mouse button stops working.

The menu appears quickly and the disappears and I am unable to click any of the options.

The only way around it is to shut down Creo and open again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

10 REPLIES 10
TimoNurmi
4-Participant
(To:aedward)

You are not alone, this issue has been mentioned in other threads/forums. Do you have any 3D mouse in use? I use 3Dconnection Space Mouse Pro and I suspect that is causing the problem like some other users have reported.

Make sure your graphics card is supported by 3.0. Then make sure you are using a supported/certified graphics driver (not necessarily the latest) . Then make sure your mouse drivers are up to date.

aedward
3-Visitor

Thanks for the replies.

Timo Nurmi - I use a 3d Connexion mouse.

Dan Harlan - I will try to look into the graphics card.

aedward
3-Visitor

Found a solution on the following thread:

Re: Context (RMB) menus disappear in WF5

If the menu disappears, closing other open windows solves the problem.

TimoNurmi
4-Participant

I have to try this next time the problem occurs. However, I wouldn't call this a solution but a workaround.

Thanks for sharing!

We have multiple customers experiencing this in all versions of Creo 3 and also in Creo 4. Most have it in drawing environment, some in part or assembly mode. RMB on model tree never seems to give problems.

There seems to be a relation with 3Dx mouses and indeed repaint helps sometimes but closing all other windows except the one you're working on works for almost everyone. 

PTC has not been able to reproduce this problem in 1.5 years. If anyone has more specifics on what is causing this or knows a way to reproduce it please come forward so PTC can finally solve it.

WD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:auijttewaal)

I can reproduce the problem. If i light up the feature i want to change the feature the menu flips away.

If i light up the feature i want tot change and i go to the drawing field area and than use the right button it works well. It is a problem in Creo with the drawing window and not with the mouse or 3D mouse. I cant understand why PTC can't sollve such a simpel problem.

WD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:WD)

I mean drawing tree area.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:WD)

What:
Version of Creo (including date code)

Version of Windows

Sort of mouse

Maker of Computer

Maker of Graphics card

Is the OS running on an emulator on an Apple computer?

WD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

PC specs

Creo 3.0 M100 

Creo Parametric Platform Agent Version: 3.131.0

3D mouse = 3D Connexion

mouse = Logitech M100

PC = Thinkstation Intel Xeon CPU E3-1245v5 3,5 Ghz

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  version 1709 

Mouse menu right button problem work around:

First select item to change, when it lights up then go to drawing tree area and push right button then unfolding menu is normal accesable.

I am from the Netherlands.

Top Tags