cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 3 questions

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Creo 3 questions

My company just updated to Creo 3.  I have not used it much yet and have not looked at much on the forums about it, but one of my employees mentioned some new quirks.  Do you really have to hold the control key now when dimensioning a drawing?  This seems insane, I'm hoping there is a setting to revert this back so you don't have to hold control.  Of course i wanted that when pulling a measurement in the model, when they made you hold control for that in Creo 2.  Is it me, or is PTC actively trying to make the program more difficult to use.  Or maybe I'm just getting older and grouchier.

Anyway I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JamesBurcham)

We are all much grouchier these days. Yes you do now have to hold  the control key to get the second selection for dimensioning.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

JamesBurcham
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Are we allowed to go to the programs for PTC and kick them in balls?  Why make changes like this that make the program more difficult to use?  It seems to me the program creators added more work for themselves to change the program, and added more work for the uses.  You now have to use 2 buttons to do something that you used to only need 1 for. 

. . . and to adjust your elbow length or flip the leader side, hold the shift key and drag the text.

Top Tags