cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 4 Tangent Leader not available for Feature Control Frame

akelly
11-Garnet

Creo 4 Tangent Leader not available for Feature Control Frame

Struggling with GD&T changes in Creo 4 since using Pro/Engineer for the last 22 years. In a drawing, I'm trying to attach a GD&T Feature Control Frame with a tangent leader and it appears a "tangent leader" attachment is not available. I've tried this in the part and drawing. The best I can do is a leader pointing to the edge/plane. REF: ASME Y14.5-2009, 3.5(c) - "A feature control frame is related to a considered feature by ... attaching a side, corner, or an end of the frame to an extension line from the feature, provided it is a plane surface". See attached for an example.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:akelly)

@akelly 

Use SHIFT,

Select GTOL, Shift + select text and move

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

You have to use a leader.  While the end result looks correct, the workflow is not intuitive.

Here is a video tech support sent me showing how to do this:

akelly
11-Garnet
(To:TomU)

Thanks a bunch.  I never would have figured that out without the video.  If it was covered in the CP2 to CP4 Precision LMS course, they touched on it so lightly that it didn't register.

akelly
11-Garnet

Still having trouble. See attached.  I'm using draft GD&T.  I want the feature control frame to the RIGHT of the tangent leader, but it keeps snapping to the LEFT.  Not a good placement for the view and dimensions

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@akelly 

Use SHIFT,

Select GTOL, Shift + select text and move

Thanks. Good Lawd CP4 is complicated.  Requires un-learning 20 years of good habits.

Top Tags