cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 4 Tolerancing

ptc-4853342
4-Participant

Creo 4 Tolerancing

Either my colleague and I have forgotten everything we've ever known about GD&T in Creo, or something has changed from Creo 3 to Creo 4 that we haven't been able to find an answer to. The first graphic below shows an example of what we want to do. This is a Creo 3 drawing. The datum planes, axes, etc. and tags were created in the model as per company standard. In the drawing, using "show model annotations" they were applied to the views, then the geometric tolerances were added. 

It seems in Creo 4, geometric tolerances cannot be added to datum tags brought in from the model. So, instead, we applied them to the appropriate faces in the drawing. But, when we try to apply the tolerance to datum tag E as shown in the second graphic, it gives us a second datum tag that we cannot get rid of. 

Is there something we haven't turned on? Or something we need to turn off? Any help is appreciated because we're quite frustrated. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It was a known bug, fixed in Creo 4.0 M030

Check article CS265624

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

It was a known bug, fixed in Creo 4.0 M030

Check article CS265624

Thanks so much. We're updating from M010 in December, or so I'm told. 

You may mark the post as solved. 

motormayhem
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4853342)

I am seeing this exact issue in M050 and did not see it in M040. Has this bug resurfaced?

Sorry, I can't help with this. We're still using M030 since we only run updates once a year, over the Christmas holidays and later in the summer. I hope someone else can supply an answer so I/we will know if it is a recurring problem and if we should hold off on the next update since tolerancing is very important to what we do. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Even if you only roll out releases twice a year to your users, don't the system admins load prospective versions to check if there are any new features/anti-features in a proposed rollout build?

I always run different versions on my machine before installing it on the server for all of the users to use.

ptc-4853342
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

In theory, these things get checked but usually only by the sysadmin, not the people who actually use the software so things get missed, even when we give them a list of things to look for.

motormayhem
5-Regular Member

I'm seeing the issue with drawings that were made in M040, but opened in M050. When opened in M050 they display with the error above. When opened in M040 they display correctly. Making a new drawing in M050 from the same CAD file does not have the same display error even with the same dimensions / GD&T.

May I suggest you try running the drawing detail option update_drawing all after opening a drawing made by M040 release in the M050 session and see if this fixes the issue ?

motormayhem
5-Regular Member
(To:pausob)

Running that command does fix the issue! From a quick look that is effectively a command that allows the drawing to incorporate the latest bug fixes? Since it was originally made to a legacy setting it is using those settings to preserve the drawing from changes unless explicitly directed to update by a config setting or that setting?

Top Tags