cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo 7. How can I get my decimal places to remember what i set it to...once I change the places

dunebuggyjay
12-Amethyst

Creo 7. How can I get my decimal places to remember what i set it to...once I change the places

Hi Guys,

We are currently using Creo3. When creating a drawing, if you change the decimal places under dimension properties window, it remembers that value until you change it again. 

In Creo7, it seems to always default back to whats set in my config.pro (5 places in my case)

How to I get it remember when detailing a drawing?

Thanks for the help.

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steve,

Hahaha, I wasn't sure if this was some newer, easier to understand map key creation i didn't know about. LOL 

I'm sure it is from way back then. It has still worked all these years later. Even currently in creo 3. (just not 7)

I'm trying to get all of our mapkeys setup for when we make the big jump from Creo 3 to Creo 7. 

I've since figured out how to fix my issue. I had to also change the format\decimal places..so it sticks for any dimensions added after I change the dimensions decimal settings.  Made a map key that changed the current dimensions decimal place (under dimension\precision) and then change it to the same setting in layout\format\decimal places. 

I had to put a CTRL+A in between those 2 operations to make the map key work though.

Thanks.

Jay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I guess what I am asking above is why doesnt Creo 7 remember what I set my decimal precision to under the dimension tab while putting dimensions on my drawing?

It keeps reverting back what ever i have set in my config.pro file (default_dec_places) everytime I create a new dimension on the same drawing, same session of Creo. 

How do I make this stick when I change it in the drawing like it does in Creo3? 

Thanks,

Jay

Okay, never mind me answering my own thread..but i still have questions.

digging into this a bit more it seems its the way we have a map key set up in creo3 that causes it to remember that setting. It was also written a lot simpler with # signs.

Is there documentation on making mapkeys like this instead of recording my clicks like i did in Creo 7 somewhere?

Creo3 Mapkey:

mapkey dd3 @MAPKEY_NAMECHANGE DIMENSION TO 3 PLACES;@MAPKEY_LABEL3 PLACES;\
mapkey(continued) #MODIFY;#NUM DIGITS;3;

I had to remake most of our mapkeys for Creo7, as they did not carry over. 

Creo7 Mapkey:

mapkey dd3 @MAPKEY_NAMECHANGE DIMENSION TO 3 PLACES;@MAPKEY_LABEL3 PLACES;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `UIT_TRANSLUCENT` `NEED_TO_CLOSE`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` \
mapkey(continued) `Dimension_Properties:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `main_dlg_cur` \
mapkey(continued) `Dimension_Properties:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits` `0`;\
mapkey(continued) `Dimension_Properties:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits` `0.1`;\
mapkey(continued) `Dimension_Properties:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits` `0.12`;\
mapkey(continued) `Dimension_Properties:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits` `0.123`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` \
mapkey(continued) `Dimension_Properties:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits:ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdPmaOptDimNDigits` `0.123`;

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dunebuggyjay)

That mapkey is way older than Creo 3. That's back pre-icon integration. So that mapkey was probably made before version 19 of Pro/e, definitely before the year 2000. 

Hi Steve,

Hahaha, I wasn't sure if this was some newer, easier to understand map key creation i didn't know about. LOL 

I'm sure it is from way back then. It has still worked all these years later. Even currently in creo 3. (just not 7)

I'm trying to get all of our mapkeys setup for when we make the big jump from Creo 3 to Creo 7. 

I've since figured out how to fix my issue. I had to also change the format\decimal places..so it sticks for any dimensions added after I change the dimensions decimal settings.  Made a map key that changed the current dimensions decimal place (under dimension\precision) and then change it to the same setting in layout\format\decimal places. 

I had to put a CTRL+A in between those 2 operations to make the map key work though.

Thanks.

Jay

Top Tags