cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Appearance Gallery CRASHES

Daves1
1-Newbie

Creo Appearance Gallery CRASHES

Hello,

I was wondering if I am the only one who is experiencing this issue. Any time I click on the Appearance Gallery pull-down, Creo crashes and completely shuts down.

I am running on:

Win 7(64)

Intel I7

8GB of RAM

Nvidia Quadro 1000M

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
20 REPLIES 20
James62
10-Marble
(To:Daves1)

hi,

Are you running the latest maintenance version of Creo? The M020.

I don't use appereance gallery so I am not certain but I think on this version it works.

Actually I manage to crash Creo 1.0 M020 during my work everyday at least 5 times so this would be no surprise to me.

Daves1
1-Newbie
(To:James62)

Hi Jakub,

I am indeed running the M020 version. I can't believe that there aren't more posts/soloutions on this! This makes headaches for assemblies. All of the parts are Grey, and it's really hard to see things sometimes.

If you don't use the apperance gallery... do you just have all grey parts/assemblies then?

PTC... HELP US!

James62
10-Marble

hi Dave,

Nope I don't bother with Appearance Gallery mostly. My models are all grey.

But I can assure you Appearance Gallery doesn't make Creo crash for me.

Did you update from earlier Creo subversion to M020 or is that a new instalation you use?

Ivan_
6-Contributor

I had this issue, and it took a half day to resolve.

I found the exact same thing happenning when I clicked the appearance icon. The problem was due to conflicting colour map files. I had one that we had used since pre-wildfire on our shared/common drive , and creo would try to open it causing a crash instead of the later default one.

Hope this was of some help to you.

Hi,

I am having the same problem as above, accessing the apperance gallery causes CREO 1.0 to crash.

Ivan can you explain how you found the conflicting colour map and how you solved the issue.

I can create parts on my machine but not colour them, I can open the parts on another machine and colour them

and then reopen the coloured part on my machine. So not a colour problem in itself.

TIA

Ivan_
6-Contributor
(To:FenceMaster)

I essentially searched the drive for any colour map files, changed their extension to XXX one at a time, and repeated the process of opening the appearance gallery until the crashing stopped. I found the cultprit to be an old colour map file from a pre-wildfire release.

The issue occurs when creo is opening the colour map files not when you bring in a coloured item as the colour information for the item is saved within the actual file.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Thanks Ivan for the quick response.

Can you tell me what name the color map files are likely to take.

Ivan_
6-Contributor

*.DMT or *.MAP

appearance.dmt

color.map

global.dmt

These are the ones that the appearance gallery would default to when opening.

Hello everybody follows my publication of all colors.

http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-3040

grateful .....

mmonteiro
4-Participant

In Creo 2 I don't know how to change the default appearance. I change the appearance file but doesn't work.

Hi Marco,

Can you be more specific.

mmonteiro
4-Participant

I have already had a file with all my default appearance.

When I changed to WF4, it was simple to change the default appearance, in the folder graphic-library\appearances I replaced the WF4 default appearence with a new one. This worked and works but I can't do in Creo2.

hello, you must save the config.pro and then ask for the desktop shortcut to start where your config.por then he will find the default colors.

But the Creo2 doesn't use the config.pro file to read th default colors.

In WF4 he uses appearance.dmt file that is in the folder graphic-library\appearances.

Sorry André Guimarães,

It really works.

I copy the file (appearance.dmt) into the default working directory, where it is the config.pro locations.

OK

lbolla
1-Newbie

Hello Dave!

I had the same problem today and found the solution in another thread (Solved: Help with constantly crashing Creo Parametric 1.0 ... - PTC Community), where they had other issues, but since the answer, "graphics win32_GDI" what you should write in your config.pro, is a graphics setting I tried it, and now i have no problem with appearence gallery.

I mostly use it to contrast parts, therefore i don't know how will it affect rendering. If it cause qualiti drop, you should suppress this setting (I could render without this).

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:lbolla)

If this is the case then the source of the issue is your graphics card. win32_GDI makes all of the graphics processed through your CPU rather than your GPU.

Make sure you are using supported hardware:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/138215/en/dell_creo2.pdf

lbolla
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

I would thought so but I have this issue since we upgraded to 3.0. But it's funny that I can use a pre-colored part which I made with this method.

lbolla
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

I think I found a better solution.

It seems the creo_default_scene.scn cause the crash, so I replaced it with its same, but older version from Creo2. It works for me pretty well.

Top Tags