cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo Exporting Help

taldrich
1-Newbie

Creo Exporting Help

When I export my model as a step file (also tried IGES & Parasolid) the surfaces used to create various part shows up when importing into Solidworks.  My Export STEP settings has surfaces unchecked (see picture below).  If I open the step file back up in Creo it opens correctly but my customer uses Solidworks and sees all the surfaces after importing.  How do I make sure these surfaces don't show up when exporting from Creo & importing into solidworks? 

cobalt_export_issues.jpegexport.jpeg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
habdul
6-Contributor
(To:taldrich)

Todd,

What if you uncheck "shells" in the export dialog? I tried that and the surface didn't show.

Hatim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
habdul
6-Contributor

I noticed that the imported surface appears as a separate feature in SolidWorks feature tree. It's possible to simply suppress it.

habdul
6-Contributor

Todd,

What if you uncheck "shells" in the export dialog? I tried that and the surface didn't show.

Hatim

Hitim,

Thank you for your response.  By unchecking shells this seemed to work.

Hi,

test this procedure (in the past it worked for IGES format):

• add following option into config.pro file
    intf_out_blanked_entities no
  • start Creo and export your model

For options description see http://www.proesite.com/cgi-bin/find_option.cgi?srch=INTF_OUT_BLANKED_ENTITIES&ver=wildfire

MH

Martin Hanák

MH,

I tried this but I beilieve it had more to do with skeleton surfaces then layers.  After unchecking shells it seemed to pull into Solidworks just fine.

Top Tags