cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo Illustrate Image Quality

amackinnon
1-Newbie

Creo Illustrate Image Quality

Hello,

I've recently started using Creo Illustrate after being a long time IsoDraw user. Our primary use case is exploding and annotating 3D data for repair information and spare part catalogues.

For the time being I have the need to export to raster formats (PNG) for incorporation to our documentation. However, I've found the Creo Illustrate PNG export function to be very disappointing in terms of quality.

Attached are two files, one is a straight 300dpi PNG export from Illustrate, the second is a SVG output from Illustrate exported to Isodraw and then saved as a 300 dpi 1-bit image. You can see the difference in quality. How can I get an output like the one from Isodraw with Illustrate?

Also, it's very frustrating that when saving as an SVG with Illustrate that it does not include an option to export the canvas size. It trims to the model, which cuts off any leaders outside the extents of the model. Also, canvas size does not seem to be preserved leading to a mismatch of leader size compared with the canvas preview in Illustrate.

Does anyone have any tips or workarounds for me? So far I'm finding it exceeding frustrating to get any kind of useful output from Illustrate.

Thanks,

Allen MacKinnon

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Allen,

I think that you have to contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags