cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Layout & stretch command

colmacpro
1-Newbie

Creo Layout & stretch command

Is it possible to do a simple stretch command in Creo Layout. Put a lasso around entity points and then move them a specified distance either selected or entered, thus stretching entities not having all of their points in the selected area.

Nothing in the help other than moving and resizing complete entities such as lines and circles.

Joe

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:colmacpro)

No offense Joe.

But this brings to mind funny moments in my past. I had someone always
say - "can you stretch this to be this"? I heatedly would reply "there
is no stretch!...it is a parametric change and all things must be
considered. After several times of him slipping that in - he finally got
my point.

As far as an answer to your question.....I don't think so.

Sounds very familiar having trained several long time 2D AutoCAD/Medusa users on Pro/E.

The problem is that Creo Layout is suppose to be a 2D unconstrained geometry creation and manipulation app.

The 2D geometry creation from scratch is great and the ability to structure 2D geometry is a far better oraginizing mechanism than using layers or blocks. (very similar to Medusa)

Importing DWG/DXF files is more failure that success. Even simple DXF files exported from Creo cannot be imported. Most of the time there is no error messages or any other indication why it didn't import. It just blinks or it prematurely exits.

The inability to efficiently move all of the entity points in a defined area to a new specified location seems like a gapping hole in usability. Right now I can't tell if it is intended functionality or a software performance issue.

Creo Layout definitly holds a lot of potential

Joe

I think the only reliable solution is to move the entities and then trim or extend all entities that did not get stretched. There was some possiblilities with dragging geometry but you had to have guides defined before dragging and the geometry didn't snap properly about half of the time.

The standalone Creo Layout app still has import issues. I didn't have any issues importing the same DWG or DXF files in Creo Parametric 2.0 as Layout files. I had to save them out so they could be opened in the standalone Creo Layout app for editting. The Layout_Authoring,Layout_3D_Integration feature was not included in the evaluation license.

I still very much like what I see in Creo Layout, but it probably needs a few builds to resolve some of the software performance issues in the current release. We will probably wait until Creo Layout 3.0 is released next spring.

Joe

Top Tags