cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo View Enhancement Requests

Niru_V
7-Bedrock

Creo View Enhancement Requests

Hi all,

I've a few enhancement ideas for Creo View, Here I'm listing below.

1 Creo View can't Measure the Radius/Diameters of Rounds. [Attaching an PPT]

2 Should be able to read the Cross-sections from Creo Parametric Files.

3 Should be able to read the Simplified Representations / Combined Views from Creo Parametric files.

4 Should be able to read the Views list from Creo Parametric Models.

These are the minimum requirements any Customer looks for.

Hope PTC implements the same.

Regards,

Niranjan V

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9
MadhaviRamesh
6-Contributor
(To:Niru_V)

Some answers below -

#1 - This was on the roadmap for a future release.

#2 - I believe this is coming soon.

#3 - Simp Reps from Creo Parametric can be published. See my blog post here for more information. Also, View States from Creo Parametric can be published to Creo View.

#4 - Views list from Creo Parametric are supported as well.

Hope this helps!

Madhavi

Dear Madhavi,

Thanks for the reply, Here is my requirements.

#3 - Recipe Editor is an automated Publishing method in Windchill Applications.

As far as i know, it's going to Publish as a separate object. [Please correct me if I'm wrong]

But my requirement is if I publish the Main Assembly, the published element should carry all the Simplified representations as the sub-sets of the Published object.

Otherwise We've to manually Publish a Simplified Representation, which is going to create a object for different Rep's.

I know Creo View is not a Geometry Creation Software to update the Geometry according to the Simplified Representation we choose from an Assembly.

But there should be a functionality to create the Simplified Representations of an assembly as a Sub-Set if the main assembly is Published.

#4 the Isometric View of Creo Parametric is different than the two Isometric Views avialable in Creo View.

We need to customize the Isometric view Creo View to look like the one on Creo Parametric. But it's a File specific view. once the file is closed that view is gone.

I'll be waiting for your valuable reply, upon your reply, I'll raise these requiremnts in Product Ideas.

Regards,

Niranjan V

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

In regards to #3 for simplified reps, the publisher can publish them, but it is very limited in functionality. If your company has multilevel structure cad assemblies, then more than likely you have user defined simplified reps in the lower level structures that are substituted from the top level. (reference picture at bottom)

There are two ideas already generated to improve the functionality. (I bring this to PTC Program Management's attention every time I visit!) Please vote for these two ideas.

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2030

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2548

(Note: you may have to copy and paste the link into the Internet address bar)

The picture below shows an example of our complex structure and a rep in a lower level structure that substitutes at many lower levels. The publisher can't handle this one...

sub-rep.JPG

Niru_V
7-Bedrock
(To:BillRyan)

#3 - We've to manually Publish a Simplified Representation. If it is not Published, I should be able to see all the Simplified Representations created for an Assembly. So that I can choose what ever the Simplified Representation I want.

I know Creo View is not a Geometry Creation Software to update the Geometry according to the Simplified Representation we choose from an Assembly.

But there should be a functionality to create the Simplified Representations of an assembly as a Sub-Set if the main assembly is Published.

By the way, the two liks you've provided is not working, Please update the links.

Thanks for the reply Bill Ryan.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Niranjan,

In regards to the links...the community site admins are working on the issue. What you need to do is copy the text as shown in the message and paste it the address bar. Or remove the text that gets added when you click on the link as a workaround. This is very frustrating from my side too! I'm using IE9 and sure this is probably a source of the issue.

Remove the communities.ptc.com text when clicking on the link above. Notice how it is duplicated.

http://communities.ptc.com/communities.ptc.com/ideas/2030

MadhaviRamesh
6-Contributor

Hi Niranjan,

Published Simp Reps are contained within the PVS/PVZ file. Hence, you should be able to access them in Creo View. I wonder if you are trying to publish Simp Reps with Substitution rules? Could you please add the content from the log file so I can analyze this better...

With regards to the Views - Are you looking to get the "Standard and Default Orientations" from Creo Parametric into Creo View?

Thanks,

Madhavi

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Niranjan,

To show you what is capable if you are successful at publishing simp reps....The attached video shows a workflow of navigating the tree structure in Creo View, selecting a sub-assembly with simplified reps, then going to the viewable tab to activate simplified reps that were published from the assembly selected. Simplified reps can be available from the top level also. There is a setting that must be used to filter out the viewables associated with the assembly selected in the tree structure. (or else the viewable tab will show all the simplified reps availabe in all the active models). It's also worth noting that positioning assembly publishing has to be enabled to be able to select the reps from the lower level structure in a large structure as shown. If not positioning assembly, then only the top level assembly will contain the reps, but the lower level structure nodes will not include reps.

Video Link : 4781

mbarrows
4-Participant
(To:BillRyan)

Hi Bill

I know this is a very old post, but I have the same problems that Niranjan had. We would like to export to Creo View Express. Currently I have been able to edit the recipe file so that Creo export Combination views (ALLSTATE views) but they do not include the simplified reps. My recipe file looks like this:

file=proepview-rcp

ver=5

*/ This influence the visibilitiy of annotations

adapter/outputAnnotPlanar=1

/* This adds a list of the Combination views under Orientation if =1

adapter/convViews=0

*/ These adds a list of the COMBINATION views under Viewables if = one

adapter/outputAuthorState=1

adapter/convAllStates=1

I've isolated the adapters which I could see the influence when I exported it and delete the rest. This was not tested on assemblies or with sectional views. Which I'm still working on.

We do not have access the the editor that PTC created for the recipe file.

regards

Martin Cronje

Top Tags