cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo drawing objects (e.g., logo, 3rd projection .bmps) missing after exit

dlim
4-Participant

Creo drawing objects (e.g., logo, 3rd projection .bmps) missing after exit

Hi!

i'm using Creo 3.0, and although my template .frm files for my drawings have my company logo and other bmp's like a 3rd projection symbol, my drawings have these objects in them when i'm working with the drawings. But after i save and exit, the logo and other bmp objects are missing. And when i try to insert them back in, they show as the text "OLE". Has anyone else encountered this, and how can i fix it?

Thanks!

dan

2 REPLIES 2
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:dlim)

Hi,

read attached PDF files.

MH

Martin Hanák
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dlim)

I know that BMP files are the most reliable.  I also know that they disappear from the screen quite often.  However, when I print them, they show up just like they were suppose to.  However, I do not have the placeholder symbol "OLE" displaying when it does this.

This is an OLE function from Windows.  Default Windows 7 and Creo has always been reasonably reliable with BMP OLE objects short of reliably showing on the screen.  Is it possible your Windows installation has tampered with this OLE function?

If it is something in the BMP format of the file, you might run them through MSPAINT.exe and saving them from there.

EDIT: Do source bitmap files get saved inside .DRW and .FMT files?  To get the OLE placeholder might suggest the source is missing(?).

Top Tags