cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo drawing type keeps switching from assembly to part

nlambe2
4-Participant

Creo drawing type keeps switching from assembly to part

When working on drawings I've noticed that the drawing type keeps switching from assembly (what I've set it as) to part seemingly randomly. Anyone know why this might happen? I've attached a picture showing the setting I'm talking about.

drawing type.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:nlambe2)

Anytime you have multiple models on a drawing and you switch to a different sheet, Creo will change the active model (which is what this "type" is referring) to what ever it considers the default model for that sheet.  In general I think it's the first model view added when that sheet was created but I'm not sure if that is really the case.

Usually I don't worry too much about what the active model is when I am working on a drawing with mulitple models. 

nlambe2
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for the reply! When I first created the drawing the type was a part.  I then switched it to an assembly and now anytime I go to a different drawing and come back it switches to part again.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:nlambe2)

You still have multiple models (maybe just one part and one assembly) in your drawing.

If you do not need the part detailed in the drawing anymore, go to the LAYOUT tab, then DRAWING MODELS then DEL MODEL and select the model you don't wish to have in the drawing anymore.

Top Tags