cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo elements 17 stl export "negative space"

EA
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Creo elements 17 stl export "negative space"

Each time I try to export a file as an stl, I get the warning stating that the part is in negative space. No matter where

I position it, the warning persists. I Are there some settings I can adjust to avoid this. Is there an icon that dsiplays the parts XYZ coordinates?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Would you let me use a sample file with that problem to do it some tests? I had no problems yet exporting from PRO/E to .stl to use it in 3D printing, but that negative values alerts... I see it in .dwg to .stl

Can you borrow me some of your files in a post?

Best regards

Faustino Garcia

ber999
4-Participant
(To:FaustinoGarcia)

Hi Faustino,

I have the same problem. Files enclosed.

Kindest Regards

Is it a problem? If so, get a copy of MeshLab from http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/ to do any changes needed, but it may not be a problem at all:

From http://www.stereolithography.com/exporting-stl-files.php

"Some CAD systems will generate error messages during STL conversion saying that some part geometry is outside of the positive X, Y, Z quadrant or is in negative space. These messages can be ignored, as the STL file will be located in the rapid prototyping machine’s build space and oriented for optimal surface finish and build speed by the system software."

Top Tags