cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo: hiding ordinate origin

pcunningham
1-Newbie

Creo: hiding ordinate origin

I am trying to find out if there is a way to hide the origin dimension in an ordinate set. I have a detail view that leaves the origin of the ordinate set outside of my view and want to hide it. I can't delete it because it will delete the entire string of dimensions. Is there a way to hide the ordinate or just make the first dimension within my detail view the driving dimension?

2 REPLIES 2

I was able to answer my own question. It looks like you have to add two standard dimensions first. Then take the first dimension and toggle it to ordinate selecting the zero point. After that is established you can toggle the second dimension to ordinate selecting the previous zero line. Once that is done the second dimension can be moved to the new view and the zero origin will stay there. However the first dimension that was created is tied to the zero and will have to be deleted and recreated with a standard dimension toggled to ordinate. All other dimensions will have to be created the same way one by one. A bit long of a process but its the only one that I could find that would leave the ordinate zero behind in the parent view. Not sure if this all makes sense but hope it helps someone else...

I don't understand why everything has to be so over-complicated with Creo. It's such a simple concept that could easily have a visibility option.

Top Tags