cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo sheet metal preview instance

TechSupport
1-Newbie

Creo sheet metal preview instance

What i have understand through Create flat instance through Creo sheetmetal minimizes the work of creating flat pattern instance but at once the instance was created , i dont why the flat pattern command is get hidden, anyhow we can tolerate this by saying its restricts the user to create 2 flat pattern instance,

but while working with drawing , its again back work we have to bring back the family table flat pattern instance to do a general flat view with the projection views but its take enough time to go through the process,, especially user get conflict by the 2 views

Why could not PTC include Instant view at the same time ,, so there will not be 2 files or instances or this conflict,,

because the basic requirement is to show case the plat pattern view in Drawing ,,

i request PTC to improve this Command feature ,, dedicated to user not to "Software developer Language"

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

We have discussed this before and it has even been brought up through committees.

I don't use the flat pattern feature for this requirement but I do use the "unbend" and "bend back" features.

This allows you to have both states in a family table -and- the "default" state is "bent".

I'm still waiting on a good tutorial on what PTC was thinking along these lines. ...unless I missed it somewhere.

Top Tags