cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo versus custom font

PetrP
14-Alexandrite

Creo versus custom font

Salut,

I have created my own font including all letters/symbols etc. but Creo 4.0 ignoring some of them.

As you can see letters in my font are kinda bold comparing to default font. All is OK except some symbols like ± Ø or other ones. Anyone knows how to force Creo use font properly and everywhere?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:MartinHanak)

Don't be so pessimistic 🙂 Creo 20.0 is on the way... You can support my idea

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:PetrP)

Hi,

it is difficult to guess what is going on without having your font available.

Option 1.]

Upload your font, model, drawing for testing purposes.

Option 2.]

Try reproducing the problem with Creo TTF font. Then upload model, drawing for testing purposes.

Martin Hanák
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

If I'm not mistaken (and I might be) I think the symbols you are having trouble with are handled differently in Creo. There is something different about the diameter, degree, plus/minus symbols and probably all the other symbols that you can put into notes and dimensions using the symbol pallette.

I remember there was a problem with these things when we upgraded to Creo 4, I had to put a line in my drawing setup that said:

symbol_font legacy

PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:KenFarley)

I am using "symbol_font legacy" option but Creo is stubborn when putting symbol instead of font letter for every dimension. Haven't found other option related to symbol in dims so that is the reason why asked...

plusminus.jpg

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I guess that if you set symbol_font legacy then Creo fills Symbols: area with characters defined in special.fnt font.

I guess that if you set symbol_font to iso/asme then Creo fills Symbols: area with characters defined in symbol***.ttf files stored in folder <Creo Parametric load point>\Common Files\text\fonts

Martin Hanák
PetrP
14-Alexandrite

Been thinking in the same way but it is not how Creo works obviously. Special letters are probably strictly handled as symbols and font is ignored so did not helped to try other options.

There are several options for symbol_font but none of them is like "use font" which I need...

Set the symbol font to one of the following options in the Value box. All symbols are available in the Symbols gallery
  • ASME - The symbols of the ASME font. This is the default setting. However, it is adjusted according to the template of the model or drawing
  • ISO - The symbols of the ISO font
  • Legacy - The symbols of the Legacy font are available, if you retrieve a model or drawing that were used in releases before Creo 4.0
  • STROKED_ASME - The symbols of the ASME fonts that are native to Creo
  • STROKED_ISO - The symbols of the ISO fonts native to Creo
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@PetrP wrote:

Been thinking in the same way but it is not how Creo works obviously. Special letters are probably strictly handled as symbols and font is ignored so did not helped to try other options.

There are several options for symbol_font but none of them is like "use font" which I need...

Set the symbol font to one of the following options in the Value box. All symbols are available in the Symbols gallery
  • ASME - The symbols of the ASME font. This is the default setting. However, it is adjusted according to the template of the model or drawing
  • ISO - The symbols of the ISO font
  • Legacy - The symbols of the Legacy font are available, if you retrieve a model or drawing that were used in releases before Creo 4.0
  • STROKED_ASME - The symbols of the ASME fonts that are native to Creo
  • STROKED_ISO - The symbols of the ISO fonts native to Creo

Hi,

to get requested result, you probably have to:

• set symbol_font iso in model
  • set symbol_font iso in drawing
  • modify character definitions in symbol_iso.ttf (copy character shapes from your font into this Creo font)

Note:

• symbol_iso.ttf is hidden, it not visible in font list available during note modification
  • if you copy symbol_iso.ttf into zzz_symbol_iso.ttf then Symbol_ISO font name will be visible in font list available during note modification

The above mentioned procedure is too complicated, I would certainly not use it.

Martin Hanák
PetrP
14-Alexandrite

That is why considering to submit it as Creo idea. Changing symbol_iso.ttf and redistributing it to all users is not a solution for me. Would have to share that ttf with all other external partners etc. Think PTC should let us handle this option via specific option like "symbol_font font". Thanks for your notes anyway.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

my last note ...

Submitting Creo idea will be a nice try 🙂 But I am 99.9% sure that it will not be implemented (maybe in Creo 20.0).

I wish you good luck.

Martin Hanák
PetrP
14-Alexandrite

Don't be so pessimistic 🙂 Creo 20.0 is on the way... You can support my idea

Top Tags