cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo3 minimum thickness check tool

LawrenceS
18-Opal

Creo3 minimum thickness check tool

I just found out about and tried Creo3's new thickness checking tool and although it seems powerful there is one major hitch I am hoping there is a way around.

So when you hit compute, the results remove all colors from the model and makes the model a gray opaque.  I actually think it is smart that it removes colors from the model to help the designated colors for the analysis stand out, however if the resultant thickness being called out is deep inside the model it makes it almost impossible to see because within the results I cannot change the model view to hidden line, nor the color to transparent.  I cannot even x-section the view (which wouldn't be the best option anyway but would be something).

So do you know how to see deep features in the model while in the measure: 3D thickness analysis tool?

Oh, and for any that may ask, no, they are not buried features, and yes they are accessible via machine tools. 🙂  They are just hard to see from the outside of the model.

Thanks!  Lawrence

Below are some pictures

Pictures Outside of 3D Thickness tool: model showing as transparent.

After 3D Thickness analysis: No longer transparent, and even Hidden lines don't work

Message was edited by: Lawrence Scheeler to add some model pictures

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags