cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Custom Symbol Within a Note

jseymour
1-Newbie

Custom Symbol Within a Note

I created a custom symbol for a flag note (flag_note.sym) and it is working fine for me but I want to be able to embed it inside the Drawing Notes on the drawing.  When I attempt to insert them using &sym(flag_note) the symbol shows up extremely small.  When using it outside of a note it shows up the correct size so I've been just putting them next to the drawing notes for the time being.  Is there a way to make the symbol have the same size font when inserted into the drawing notes?  Or is my method of inserting the symbol into the note incorrect?  The custom symbol I created is attached for reference.

Thanks,

Joseph Seymour

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

try this procedure:

• activate Annotate tab
  • set filter in bottom right corner to Individual Text
  • select symbol included in note, press right mouse button and click Properties command
  • set symbol height

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I'm away from a computer with Creo - however, look to see if the symbol height is dependent on the text height/scale. I think it's in the attributes part of the symbol definition.

There isn't a wrong way to add a symbol to a note, so if it's there, that's correct. It's probably the scaling setting for the symbol.

Hi,

try this procedure:

• activate Annotate tab
  • set filter in bottom right corner to Individual Text
  • select symbol included in note, press right mouse button and click Properties command
  • set symbol height

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Thank you, your instructions worked for me.

-Joseph Seymour

Top Tags