cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

DISPLAY OF X-HATCHING

WilliamPatterso
1-Newbie

DISPLAY OF X-HATCHING

WHEN I OPEN THE PROPERTIES DIALOG BOX OF A DRAWING VIEW THE SHOW X-HATCH IS GRAYED OUT HOW CAN I TURN IT ON? I HAVE LOOKED IN THE DRAWING OPTIONS AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND A PARMETER THAT TOGLES ON/OFF X-HATCHING
6 REPLIES 6

If you are talking about the Show X-Hatching under the Sections area of the drawing view properties it only applies to 3D cross-sections. To turn off x-hatching for 2D cross-sections you have to select the hatching and erase it.

Hi, To active X hatching you have to create zone cross section.

my problem with the X-Hatching was that the section view of an o-ring groove was scaled way up 15:1 thus the X-Hatching was to large to show up when I scaled down the X-Hatching then I was able to see the X-Hatching lines they were there and turned on all along

Then I think you just need to select hatching lines from drawing view and then reduce/Increase spacing between them.

Is there a way to make a particular material be the default x-hatching? We do 99% of everything in steel. It gets to be very time consuming to go back & select the correct x-hatch for each part.

Thanks for this WilliamPatterso!...from almost a decade later. I just had the same problem and had exhausted my knowledge of possible alternative corrections. Your post pointed me to the solution.

Top Tags