cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

DImensions in Assembly

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

DImensions in Assembly

Hello,

I am not sure for what purpose people use dimensioning into assembly or part file? As far as I understand; It makes sense to have dimensions into drawing file considering same is passed for manufacturing.

Addition to this, what does model dimension in assembly means? Are these dimensions represent part's sketch dimensions?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Don´t understand exactly what are you asking about?

Why and how to show part dimmensions inside assembly drawing? If l undserstand correct?

Milan

No.. I know how to do dimensioning into drawing file.. I could see this functionality being available into assembly as well. I would like to understand importance of dimensioning into assembly file.

Dimensions are not generally given on assembly drawings. If dimensions are included, they are limited to some function of the object as a whole. These would include showing a minimum or a maximum dimension, a dimension that is needed when machining is required in the assembly process, or general notes applied to the overall assembly.

Model dimensions are dimensions either each part or overall dimension of an object. This can be done after the drawing is completed and then the dimensions can be added. It seems to work best in an isometric view. They can go either x, y, or z direction depending on what parts you want to dimension.

Hope that helps.

Denise

Top Tags