cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

DRW to PDF, but resize the sheet

pshepherdson
9-Granite

DRW to PDF, but resize the sheet

Hi,

We currently use the export to PDF to 'lock in' our released parts & assembly drawings. But, we seem to have an issue with the page size. We do all our drawings on a B sized sheet (11"x17"), but would like our PDFs to contain the same format, but be exported to an A sized sheet (8.5"x11"). (Some users can't seem to figure out the 'fit to page' button in acrobat!)

Yes, we can 'print to' a PDF, and select the sheet size. It seems to retain certain colours & other features. And we can also export as PDF, then open the PDF in Acrobat & re-print from there to resize it.

Curious to know if there is a Creo 2 command, short cut, config parameter, etc.. that we don't know about.. Does the 'export' command have any advantages over just the 'print to' option. Do we loose anything? Do we gain anything? thoughts?

thanks!

paul

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forum, Paul.

It might be easier to do a midnight raid on all the computers and set "fit to page" on the print drivers.

B-size is B-size. Not to much magic there. I always us the save-as export to PDF dialog and I am not aware of any scaling options.

Thanks Antonius.

We're also after reducing teh files size; less space required on the server, and can attach more to an e-mail..

I have one client that only has one size format... b-size. I had to reset all my drawing configs for the smaller size text used on their drawings just to make up for the small format. Even so, I still have to make sure my images are clear enough by having decent scales in the views. Several attempts at pen tables and tweaking the overall usability of the drawings, and now I have a good solution that only require I import the detail.dtl file.

What I am getting at is that you could do the same... make all drawings on A-size and set your config to make these seem like C-size to the drafters.

No matter what you do, data is data and when you loose information in your archived drawing, this may prove more costly than a little server space in the longrun. Trust me, I've been there.

Top Tags