cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Dear Team, Please help me to get Print Document In Creo Drawing

dyadav
7-Bedrock

Dear Team, Please help me to get Print Document In Creo Drawing

Team,

Actually I am working on Creo Drawing and i am trying to print respective drawing but unfortunetly some steps i am doing again again like Printer properties Setting

Page orientation landscap, Output Size, ETC. Are there any configuration file for Printer Orientation and Ouput Size (Print Properties). Please Help me to resove this...refer attached image

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcox-2
1-Newbie
(To:dyadav)

Dinesh,

Do you use Plotter Configuration Files (.pcf)? You can use these to preset defaults as you describe above so you can choose the appropriate one from the list and then you don't have to go into the printer properties every time you print.

There is some info in the Creo help centre for how to set these up, though feel free to come back here if you have any questions.

Thanks,

David

plot config.png

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Dinesh,

just a comment... in Windows you can create printer and set its default settings. This procedure enables you to select Windows printer and print.

And also ... you can create several "instances" of the same printers each one with different default settings.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
dcox-2
1-Newbie

Dinesh,

Do you use Plotter Configuration Files (.pcf)? You can use these to preset defaults as you describe above so you can choose the appropriate one from the list and then you don't have to go into the printer properties every time you print.

There is some info in the Creo help centre for how to set these up, though feel free to come back here if you have any questions.

Thanks,

David

plot config.png

dyadav
7-Bedrock
(To:dcox-2)

Thank you so much David,

I trying to Set .pcf file but unable to set these file. if you dont mind Can you please suggest any specific step for the same

Kind Regards,

Dinesh

Dinesh,

just a note ... in PCF file you cannot preset options, that belong to Windows Printer Properties dialog box.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Just i tryied to search these file and  found some .PCF file in our PTC Creo-Text- folder. I confused what are these file and what is use of the same??

Can I create any .PCF file for Printer in Creo-Text folder like:

plotter MS_PRINT_MGR

plot_drawing_format YES default

Dinesh,

you can add the following line into existing ms_print_mgr.pcf file.

You will get ms_print_mgr.pcf file with following contents:

plotter ms_print_mgr

button_name MS Printer Manager

button_help Print using Windows Printer Manager.

The purpose of PCF file is to save options selected/set in Creo Print dialog box.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank You Martin...

dcox-2
1-Newbie

Dinesh,

Below is an example of on of my pcf files. In this one, it prints the drawing on A3 paper from a specific printer. Regardless of what size the drawing format is, it re-sizes it when printing, so you can just choose this from the list and click OK, no need to go into the printer properties.

plotter POSTSCRIPT

button_name A3 BLUE

button_help Print A3 size on printer Blue.

plot_segmented NO default

plot_roll_media NO default

plot_label NO default

plot_handshake software default

create_separate_files NO default

plot_with_panzoom NO default

rotate_plotting NO default

allow_file_naming NO default

plot_name NO

interface_quality 3 default

plot_destination printer default

plotter_command windows_print_manager \\server_name\printer_name

pen_table_file table.pnt

plot_sheets current default

paper_size A3

paper_outline NO default

plot_clip NO default

plot_area NO default

Obviously you need to change server_name and printer_name as appropriate for you, for a different paper size, change paper_size A3 to paper_size A2 (for example).

Martin can probably clarify this, but I don't think you actually need to include the lines that end in "default", however that's what is in this particular file.

dyadav
7-Bedrock
(To:dcox-2)

Thank You David,

You  mean to say that I have to Create .pcf file and save it to PTC Creo Text Folder right???

Dinesh,

if you set config.pro optionPRO_PLOT_CONFIG_DIR, then you can save PCF files into the directory mentioned in this option.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
dcox-2
1-Newbie

Yes, as Martin says, you can use config.pro to define the folder location, then you can create as many pcf files as needed.

dyadav
7-Bedrock

Thank You all....Issue has been resolved by .PCF and I set printer to generic setting.

Thank You

Top Tags