cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Decal label both curved & flat

ptc-726111
1-Newbie

Decal label both curved & flat

What is the preferred technique to model a decal on a curved surface and show it as flat in the drawing (see attached)? In the BOM, the decal is a separate part number, a label (with adhesive), that is applied to a curved surface. I need to show the label in the flat state on the drawing with overall dimensions.

I first thought is to create the label as a sheet metal part in the formed (curved) state, then create a flat pattern for the drawing. I could then apply the JPG image of logo (different artwork than shown) to the part surface. Not sure if it will follow both the formed & flat state as it has been a while since I have done this in Pro-E.

Any tips or suggestions on how to do this efficiently in Pro-E Wildfire 4.0?

Chris

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags