cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Decimal spaces after ratio scale value

NormanParra
4-Participant

Decimal spaces after ratio scale value

Hello,

I have encounter an issue and need some assistace. We use a format table for our drawings with information about the model. In the table there is a value for the scale: &scale[.3]. This value is followed by a parameter for the number of decimal places shown in the drawing. When using the ratio option for the scale, the [.3] keeps showing after the value. In the drawing you will see something like this: 1:1[.3] (see attached screenshot).

Is there a way to eliminate this? When using decimal and scale value it works fine, nothing is shown after the value.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

You really do need to tell us the version of Creo you are running. I don't recall ever seeing this behavior, but it's been a long time since we've used a ratio scaling, mostly because the scale on our drawings is rarely something that resolves to a nice integer ratio.

It could be a bug introduced in Creo 4, as there seem to have been changes to how text in drawings is handled (i.e. the @[ this is in a box @] construct doesn't work in notes anymore.

NormanParra
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your response. I am currently using version 3.0 M080.

Ian_Cure
12-Amethyst

Hi Ken, I fell foul of the @[ issue but discovered that they've introduced the BOX option in the ribbon... Write your note, then highlight each part of the text that you want a box around. Can create gtol notes as before
Ian C

Yes, I'm well aware of the "Box" thing. But 20+ years of using Pro/E and now Creo has made it automatic that I type the @[ constructs to create boxes. Yet another instance of changes implemented to make things easier for neophytes but removing performance enhancers for the experienced users. Particularly annoying is that this type of thing still works when editing the text in dimensions, which is inconsistency in the user interface.

Ian_Cure
12-Amethyst

Totally agree, my notepad++ sheet with al my note type preferences is now only half useful :) As always one arm of PTC software development doesn't appear to be taking to the other half when it comes implementing changes 😞
Ian C
Top Tags