cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Declare a variable

gcontreras
1-Newbie

Declare a variable

Hi! I´m struggling for quite some time with the declaration of variables. I want to make a paramter with relations using a variable. I need to declare this one in a notebook and a layout. And when I create a notebook and use declare, the next steps I can´t figure them out. I´m not sure what to click. I hope someone could show me the path for this.

Thanks a lot.

My best regards,

Edna García

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

There are two kinds of declare. If you 'declare' a variable it tries to copy that value to a named variable in Windchill that has to be in Windchill. If you 'declare' a notebook/layout in another part or assembly you can access the variable in that part or assembly.

Can you explain a little more about what you intend to happen?

Thanks first for the answer. Someone showed me some months ago how to do it and what I can remeber it has to do with notebook and layout. What I intend to do is use a name which a value will be given. And this name I can use it in my part in the relations for example "mass=variable*5" And the "variable" should have a given value.

Thanks

Top Tags