Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Cross Hatch

Sapphire II

Default Cross Hatch

Someone just asked me a question about setting the default x-hatching. I had never thought about it but we often change the x-hatching on a drawing to steel. I use a mapkey to do this but if there was a way to make the cross hatching default to steel, that would make at least one user happy.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Default Cross Hatch

I don't know of anything that is even helpful, much less targeted for managing x-hatches for drawings.

I dread x-hatching massive sections 😐

Therefore, I too am all ears on -ANY- settings that can help x-hatch generation.

Highlighted

I setup all of my material files with crosshatch definition, so when I assign/change the material, the crosshatch automatically updates to the ANSI/ASME standard for that material.

Hmmm, we don't use the material assignment here. I will look in to this to see if I can take advantage of it though. It may be worthwhile to use it depending on the benefits I can get out of it.

Steve Williams

Hi,

following picture belongs to CR2 M070

xh.png

Creo will use steel.xch hatching pattern in this case.

Martin Hanák

Hello, 

agree with others, that material ssign is the right way. Use it too.

But my dream about X-hatch in creo is B&W application called SMARTXHatch. Don´t know the price Smiley Frustrated

See following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOiqHHU9Cw&list=PLzFhJoAIqsT7KjjLLR421FobwoWAz7lvh&index=1

Best regards

Hi,

you can contact Michal Sýkora and ask him about B&W application called SMARTXHatch. See http://www.cogras.cz/Contact.

Martin Hanák

That looks very nice. Thanks for the tip.

But my dream about X-hatch in creo is B&W application called SMARTXHatch.

Steve Williams

Just a couple of notes:

We don't use material files here (I have used them in the past). So adding material as an aid to x-hatching is probably not going to save time if that is the only reason I am using them for. 

I did find in my old files a set of mapkeys that was used at a long ago previous company that iterated through x-hatching on a view and would generate some very reasonable results. Unfortunately they are from many years ago, may be pre-Wildfire. I really doubt they are going to just work but since old mapkeys are basically read-able commands, I'm going to first try them as is, then, if needed, try to rebuild them as necessary.

Steve Williams