Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Cross Hatch

Highlighted

Re: Default Cross Hatch

@ndele wrote:

Hey there,

A bit of an old topic, but something that just came up with us as well. We recently started using the material properties to assign hatching to parts. Using the config file option "default_hatch_type PAT" seems to make it so when you create a new section, it's based automatically off the material assigned. This seems to only work on the part level and not on assemblies: does anyone know why this is?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi,

please explain in detail what doesn't work in Assembly mode.

Martin Hanák

Hey MartinHanak,

We assigned a material (ex: steel) to a part that defined the crosshatching. When we create a new section, the cross hatching is automatically set to steel. This is only the case with "default_hatch_type PAT".

We create a new assembly with the previous part. When we create a new section, the cross hatching isn't set to steel. Is there a way to keep the cross hatching we had from the part?

Most of our components are steel and it would be nice if we could default the hatching to steel (unless otherwise edited like the angle or scale).

Thanks,

Nick

@ndele wrote:

Hey MartinHanak,

We assigned a material (ex: steel) to a part that defined the crosshatching. When we create a new section, the cross hatching is automatically set to steel. This is only the case with "default_hatch_type PAT".

We create a new assembly with the previous part. When we create a new section, the cross hatching isn't set to steel. Is there a way to keep the cross hatching we had from the part?

Most of our components are steel and it would be nice if we could default the hatching to steel (unless otherwise edited like the angle or scale).

Thanks,

Nick

Hi,

what Creo version do you use ?

Martin Hanák

@ndele wrote:

Hey MartinHanak,

Thanks,

Nick

Hi,

I attached files created in Creo 4.0 M090. Hatching works well.

Martin Hanák

Thanks MartinHanak, seems to work on my end. Perhaps my co-worker's config files were reset (we have a batch file to auto load the company's standard settings). I swear I checked though... I was able to create a new section using your files and still keep the hatching. Even tried out a new part/assembly on my end and it seemed to work.

I did recently add files to the config\crosshatch directory: could an empty pro_crosshatch_dir cause this? I will test this out when I can and report back, as I thought we had the correct config settings.

Thanks again for you time,

Nick

We just switched from Creo 2.0 to Creo 5.0 btw.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!