cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Default Cross Hatch

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Default Cross Hatch

Someone just asked me a question about setting the default x-hatching. I had never thought about it but we often change the x-hatching on a drawing to steel. I use a mapkey to do this but if there was a way to make the cross hatching default to steel, that would make at least one user happy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I setup all of my material files with crosshatch definition, so when I assign/change the material, the crosshatch automatically updates to the ANSI/ASME standard for that material.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

I don't know of anything that is even helpful, much less targeted for managing x-hatches for drawings.

I dread x-hatching massive sections 😐

Therefore, I too am all ears on -ANY- settings that can help x-hatch generation.

I setup all of my material files with crosshatch definition, so when I assign/change the material, the crosshatch automatically updates to the ANSI/ASME standard for that material.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TrainStopper)

Hmmm, we don't use the material assignment here. I will look in to this to see if I can take advantage of it though. It may be worthwhile to use it depending on the benefits I can get out of it.

Hi,

following picture belongs to CR2 M070

xh.png

Creo will use steel.xch hatching pattern in this case.

Martin Hanák
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:TrainStopper)

Hello, 

agree with others, that material ssign is the right way. Use it too.

But my dream about X-hatch in creo is B&W application called SMARTXHatch. Don´t know the price Smiley Frustrated

See following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOiqHHU9Cw&list=PLzFhJoAIqsT7KjjLLR421FobwoWAz7lvh&index=1

Best regards

Hi,

you can contact Michal Sýkora and ask him about B&W application called SMARTXHatch. See http://www.cogras.cz/Contact.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mbonka)

That looks very nice. Thanks for the tip.

But my dream about X-hatch in creo is B&W application called SMARTXHatch.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Just a couple of notes:

We don't use material files here (I have used them in the past). So adding material as an aid to x-hatching is probably not going to save time if that is the only reason I am using them for. 

I did find in my old files a set of mapkeys that was used at a long ago previous company that iterated through x-hatching on a view and would generate some very reasonable results. Unfortunately they are from many years ago, may be pre-Wildfire. I really doubt they are going to just work but since old mapkeys are basically read-able commands, I'm going to first try them as is, then, if needed, try to rebuild them as necessary.

ndele
9-Granite
(To:StephenW)

Hey there,

A bit of an old topic, but something that just came up with us as well. We recently started using the material properties to assign hatching to parts. Using the config file option "default_hatch_type PAT" seems to make it so when you create a new section, it's based automatically off the material assigned. This seems to only work on the part level and not on assemblies: does anyone know why this is?

Thanks,

Nick

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:ndele)

@ndele wrote:

Hey there,

A bit of an old topic, but something that just came up with us as well. We recently started using the material properties to assign hatching to parts. Using the config file option "default_hatch_type PAT" seems to make it so when you create a new section, it's based automatically off the material assigned. This seems to only work on the part level and not on assemblies: does anyone know why this is?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi,

please explain in detail what doesn't work in Assembly mode.

Martin Hanák

Hey MartinHanak,

We assigned a material (ex: steel) to a part that defined the crosshatching. When we create a new section, the cross hatching is automatically set to steel. This is only the case with "default_hatch_type PAT".

We create a new assembly with the previous part. When we create a new section, the cross hatching isn't set to steel. Is there a way to keep the cross hatching we had from the part?

Most of our components are steel and it would be nice if we could default the hatching to steel (unless otherwise edited like the angle or scale).

Thanks,

Nick

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@ndele wrote:

Hey MartinHanak,

We assigned a material (ex: steel) to a part that defined the crosshatching. When we create a new section, the cross hatching is automatically set to steel. This is only the case with "default_hatch_type PAT".

We create a new assembly with the previous part. When we create a new section, the cross hatching isn't set to steel. Is there a way to keep the cross hatching we had from the part?

Most of our components are steel and it would be nice if we could default the hatching to steel (unless otherwise edited like the angle or scale).

Thanks,

Nick

Hi,

what Creo version do you use ?

Martin Hanák

We just switched from Creo 2.0 to Creo 5.0 btw.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@ndele wrote:

Hey MartinHanak,

Thanks,

Nick

Hi,

I attached files created in Creo 4.0 M090. Hatching works well.

Martin Hanák

Thanks MartinHanak, seems to work on my end. Perhaps my co-worker's config files were reset (we have a batch file to auto load the company's standard settings). I swear I checked though... I was able to create a new section using your files and still keep the hatching. Even tried out a new part/assembly on my end and it seemed to work.

I did recently add files to the config\crosshatch directory: could an empty pro_crosshatch_dir cause this? I will test this out when I can and report back, as I thought we had the correct config settings.

Thanks again for you time,

Nick

Top Tags