cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Default Font?

erine
12-Amethyst

Default Font?

Hello all,

I've used these boards for a while but never had to post a question.  I'm stumped on setting the default font settings within a drawing.  What I mean by that, is that when I create a new drawing or add a new dimension, note, ect in an existing drawing, it is not set to what I need it to be per company drawing standards.

I need my font to be "font."

My config file includes:

default_font ---> font

pro_font_dir ---> C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M110\Common Files\text\fonts\

The folder that pro_font_dir points to does not have "font" as an option.  They are all .TTF fonts.  Is "font" not an actual standalone font file? This brings me to an additional question:  When I'm in a new drawing, my default font is set to "CG Triumvirate" in Dimension Properties, ect.  I cannot find a setting within my config file that contains this, so what am I missing here?  There must be an additional setting somewhere driving this, correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Thanks

Creo 4.0 / M060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:erine)

Drawing fonts are set from a *.dtl file, not config.pro. Look in the Help File Collection for the Detail.pdf manual or online help for detail.file.

'Font' seems to be a built-in font. We went away from it as it does not differentiate between a lower case l and a numeral l. We use IsoFont which is better.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:erine)

Drawing fonts are set from a *.dtl file, not config.pro. Look in the Help File Collection for the Detail.pdf manual or online help for detail.file.

'Font' seems to be a built-in font. We went away from it as it does not differentiate between a lower case l and a numeral l. We use IsoFont which is better.

erine
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

This seems to have worked!  After changing the setting in the .dtl file, I created a new drawing.  Dimensions and notes are at the correct settings.  Same thing happens when I alter or add new dimensions/notes in an existing drawing.  Thanks!

As for "font" not being the best, I know what you're saying but the powers that be, won't budge on some issues. 

Thanks again!

Creo 4.0 / M060
Top Tags