cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Default hole diameter representation in Part

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Default hole diameter representation in Part

Hello

We have placed a hole into part file. It is threaded hole. Once I check dimension related to hole diameter, it is showing as Dia.14. Is there a way to change default representation for hole diameter dimension in case of threaded hole?

What we need is to have M15x1.5 (M Diameter value X Pitch Value).

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

no such config.pro option is available. You have to use mapkey or trail file.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If you use a standard threaded hole from the drop-down list in Creo, M16x1.5 for example, then on the drawing sheet you can show the dimension as an annotation (Annotate > Show Model Annotations).

HOLE_01.JPG

Modify the standard text to provide your required specification.

HOLE_02.JPG

Note: M15x1.5 is not an option in this case because the Creo drop-down menu for standard threaded holes only contains ISO preferred sizes.

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:jhaston-3)

Hi, You can create new hole tables for non-std threads if they are you're company preferred versions. It's a fair bit of work to create them but might be of benefit. Years ago I had to do just that for some special spec plugs that were being used in a complex hydraulic block. I think that you also need to make sure the file is in a suitable location to be called in. If needed I could try to remember how I did this.

Thank you for responses... We have already created customized thread series. Additionally, modification to dimension in part as well as drawing is possible but we don't want to do the same.

What I am looking for is some specific sort of setting , if available , in creo so that placed hole's diameter dimension has required nomenclature (M15*1.5). I have already seen some users having directly default value of diameter dimension as M15.

If you create a normal dimension then by default the dimension is shown with a diameter symbol before the value.

Select the dimension, right click and open the Properties dialog. Select the Display tab and change the dimension's prefix to M. Add a suffix too if required to get M15x1.5.

I am looking forward to avoid manual work. Is there any specific option or setting which do place hole diameter dimension in part as M15x1.5?

Hi,

no such config.pro option is available. You have to use mapkey or trail file.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags