cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Defining a feature center in a pattern

aestrada
3-Visitor

Defining a feature center in a pattern

Hello Everyone.

I might be overseeing something. I'm Using Creo 2, M200. I have a punch which is a knockout (geometry is very simple: a circle with a rectangular notch at the bottom). To place the feature I use the circle's center, that's my reference.

For patterns, I like using the point pattern, I think that gives me a lot of freedom to dimension each instance. But, what it usually does is, it finds the geometrical center of the feature and creates references based on that. If I align the patterned instances they result with an offset. Is there a way to re-define a feature's center when doing a pattern?

2 REPLIES 2

I think I solved the problem. I created a coordinate system where the first feature is located. Using the position of the center I wanted to use. Then, after selecting Point Pattern, I clicked on OPTIONS, and then checked the box for "Use alternate origin", I selected the coordinate system I created (probably I could have created a simple point, not that I think about it). I created the sketch with the repetitions I needed and the pattern was created correctly, no offset this time.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:aestrada)

Hi Alan,

I use the same method and I also have to redefine the origin like you when doing the pattern.

Top Tags