cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Deselect All

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Deselect All

I am working on updating our company mapkeys in Creo 2. In several of them I add the command Deselect All at the end.

How in the world do you deselect all on a drawing. I can type in "deselect all' in the command search but it doesn't display the location.

As a work-around I can select the Activate button and that will deselect all objects.

I see it in the Customize Ribbon area but you can only add it to a Tab or Group you create. Is the Deselect All icon not displayed by default?

Steve G

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
c128
1-Newbie
(To:STEVEG)

Hi Steve.

Try this: Select a few objects and check the bottom right corner of the Creo window. You'll find a text "xx selected". You can right click on that text and in a context menu select "Clear". I guess that should work for you.

HTH
Matthias.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's something I hadn't seen before. Very nice tip.

Not the same Steve
Steve

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Thank you to Christopher R on this solution. He suggested to record a mapkey that searches for the deselect all and see what that command is. It worked...with a slight modification.

This is the line for WF4 (our current version):
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdOaDeselectAll`;

This is the line in Creo 2:
mapkey(continued) `ProCmdOaDeselectAll`;

When I put the line from Creo 2 in at the end of my mapkey it wouldn't work. So I just used the line from WF4 and it worked.

The tip from Steve W is great too. But I'd rather not rely on a right mouse click in my mapkey. It seemed to work but there are three lines instead of the one line.

Steve G
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Sorry. I meant the other Clear tip from Matthias.

Steve G

Not sure if this is "map-keyable" but "ctrl a" (control button and the "a" button) also deselects all, incidentally it also works to activate a window that is the "top" window.
In the office programs it is the "select all" command but in Creo it is the "activate window", "deselect all" and "select all" (in text operations). Maybe too general to trust to a mapkey but is a nice easy keyboard shortcut.

Thanks for the continuing streaming education in this exploder
Joe Thelen
The Toro Company
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm not a big fan of "ctrl a" for deselect. On larger models and drawings there can be a significant lag time when activating a window even it was already the active window.
Just my experience and may not apply to all situations.

Steve W
mlocascio
4-Participant

Nice sharing tip!

c128
1-Newbie

Hi folks.

Forgot to mention: Try double clicking the "xx selected" - you'll get a list of the selected objects with the option to remove single elements...

Matthias.

Top Tags