cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Designate Dimension in Creo

gjärund
4-Participant

Designate Dimension in Creo

Hi,

we would like to designate a dimension directly in Creo. Currently, we need to have an extra parameter in the creo file and copy the value of the dimension to this parameter, which can be designated. It would make more sense to designate the dimension directly.

Has anyone seen a solution for this? Will there be a possibility to do this in Creo 4?

Thank you for any input or feedback.

/Gustav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gjärund
4-Participant
(To:gjärund)

I learned that this is actually possible already in Creo 2. Please see screen hots below.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gjärund
4-Participant
(To:gjärund)

I learned that this is actually possible already in Creo 2. Please see screen hots below.

Hi Gustav!

May I ask what is Designate dimension for? I'm looking for a command available to reference or index the dimensions in any drawing, is this helpful?

What I mean it that beside of showing the dimension and its value, having a kind of symbol beside which is referenced to such dimension with a number, at the end you would have every dimension indexed to ease identification work and communication as well.

Thanks in advance.

Ramon.

Hi Ramon,

We work with completely parameterized products, and the parameters in most cases refer to a dimension. The dimensions are key characteristics of the product, and is needed for for example searching, but also for for example marketing materials, websales and so on. We also need it to drive top-down designs, to be able to automatically generate complete CAD models with zero human intervention.

We already do this today, but by adding an explicit relation between a parameter and the dimension. Designating the dimension directly simply removes the redundant relation and parameter in the Creo file.

Indexing the information and adding symbols might be useful, although I believe it is a different use case.

Thanks a lot Gustav

Top Tags