cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Detail view - add a datum plane to a clipped dimension?

Airfix
7-Bedrock

Detail view - add a datum plane to a clipped dimension?

Creo 4 Drawing - Is there a way to add a datum and plane to a clipped dimension shown on a detailed view without using a draft entity line to show the plane?

The first picture is what I have.  The second picture is kind of what I want except the white line is a draft entity just related to the view.  Is there a better way to do this to indicate the 2.155 dimension origin is datum E?

Follow up question.  My datum E in this view was created via the datum feature symbol, notice the red line below my datum E.  This indicates that it is a duplicate tag, which obviously it is because the original datum E is shown on the main view.  Do I just accept the error (red underline) and move on, or is there a way to avoid this error?

Cheers

Airfix

Creo1.jpgCreo2.jpg

1 REPLY 1

I have similar issue. I need duplicate some datums to clarify the print, but Creo underline to indicate that is wromg. The ASME permit to duplicate the datums.

PTC, please, remove this undeline and add a tip ballon to indicate it.

Top Tags