cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Detailing

drowe-2
2-Guest

Detailing

I have 3 detail views on my drawing, I am trying to align them vertically to the first view. The second aligned view appears to be 3mm higher than the first & the third aligned view is 3mm higher than the second. If I create another view & align that it then drops to 3mm lower than the original view. Yours confused.....
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet
(To:drowe-2)

are these projected views? have u tried view update all sheets? do u have any relations that could of failed and are causing craziness? if u pick the view, then hit properties, there should be a view alignment option. try that. good luck Carlos Diaz

Thanks for the reply Carlos In answer to your comments... No they are not projected views they are just partial detail views off a part. Yep tried updating all views, no change. No relations in that part at all. The alignment option is what I'm trying. Thats what is not working properly. It does not want to play nicely. Not a show stopper as my work around at the moment is align the views manually.... I just wondered if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks again Dave Rowe

I think I have found out why the detail views do not line up.... I think its the centre point on each view you have to pick to sketch the spline. Pro/E recognises the picked centre point as the centre of the view & aligns those instead of the centre of the view. And as the picked centre point is in a different position in each view then the views appear not to line up. Cheers
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:drowe-2)

You can align the views to geometry if you want but aligning to the center of the views is the default.
WillyC
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Yes, this is pretty useful. Thanks, Kevin. To add to what Kevin said, click CUSTOM to select the geometry refs in each view to use for alignment. Edges work well.
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet
(To:WillyC)

another option would be to use projected/partial/section views. this would line them up just right but i do understand depending on the orientation of the views they cant always be projected. but at least now we all understand the cause of the results u were getting Carlos Diaz
Top Tags