cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Diameter Dimension - Single arrow leader

mstirnemann
1-Newbie

Diameter Dimension - Single arrow leader

Is there a Drawing Option setting that would allow the default diameter leader to be the single outside point (like on the left) instead of the double inside (like on the right).

Currently, we have to double click and then middle click to create the .625 dimension, then you have to deselect, left click to re highlight and right click to flip the arrows.  90% of our diameter dimensions end up with the single arrow, so we would like this to be the default config option.

Thanks PTC Community!

dia-arrows.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I am not sure about the config option but with the following method you can reduce the number of clicks

1. Select all the dimensions using the  smart window selection for dimensions ( it will select only the dimensions covered by the window)

2. Right click on the screen and select "Flip Arrows"

3. All diameter dimension will be as per your requirement

Is there a config setting so it comes out standard that way?

Thanks Praveen, but we know about the smart window and also the ctrl technique.  I'd rather skip those steps.

D'Hondt, it seems as if I'm not the only one asking for this to be standard.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mstirnemann)

Just last month an idea was created for exactly this.

Add ability to set default diameter dimensioning

Alright so you (Stephen) are saying there's no hope for a quick solution... Great.

It's odd that the location of the text relative to the leader line is a config option, but the arrow location is not...

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mstirnemann)

To the best of my knowledge, all hope is lost and now we are relying on a product enhancement suggestion that has a less than zero percent chance of being implemented.

Too bleak??? Well I voted on it so I guess maybe I still have a little hope but..........

Top Tags