cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

&Dimension in a note

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

&Dimension in a note

I just put some dimensions in a note.

1. MATERIAL = ALUM. &ad69 X &oad957 X &oad969

The interesting thing was that when I put them there, they disappeared on the drawing. To make sure I wasn't going nuts, I cut them out of the notes and the reappeared. I when back and forth several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

The dimension are part of ordinate string of dimensions:

&oad957 is the 11.63 dimension.

Any thoughts or ProWork-arounds.

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Creo will only allow any dimension to be displayed one time in a drawing (all sheets). You can either create a second dimension (drawing dim or reference dim) or you can create a parameter in the model set to the value of this dimension. Parameters can be displayed as many times as you want.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Creo will only allow any dimension to be displayed one time in a drawing (all sheets). You can either create a second dimension (drawing dim or reference dim) or you can create a parameter in the model set to the value of this dimension. Parameters can be displayed as many times as you want.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

It used to be that if the dimension was used twice in notes and one of them was eliminated it would be available for the drawing again. Perhaps Creo 'fixed' that.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Could I "erase" (WF5.0) that dimension and still use it in the notes?

I guess I'll give it a try.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I put the driving dimension in the note and this is what I got:

I tried right clicking on the properties and changing it to nominal and not limits, but that was not available.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

No. Erased dimensions are still on the drawing. It has to be deleted from the drawing tree to be recreated somewhere else.

I know what you mean about the dimension properties. Sometimes you have to take it out of the note long enough to format it, then re-add it again.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Tom Uminn

I added additional dimensions to the drawing and let these new dimensions "disappear" on the drawing when they were used in the notes.

Dale

ColinDoran
3-Visitor

1: Create a note with the a reference to a dimension (e.g. &d25 ) and the dimension disappears:

2: Create an identical note somewhere else.

3: Delete the first note . The dimensions re-appears and the second note is still there.

We use this to make a table of important dimensions with one column showing what the dimension should be (just as  ordinary text) and the column beside it showing a direct reference to the dimension itself. Looking at the two columns you can see if they match - if they don't there is a problem somewhere.

Top Tags