cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Dimension in multiple drawing layers

Drs95
5-Regular Member

Dimension in multiple drawing layers

Hi all, currently I have a drawing with many dimensions and I have a rule based layer that select all those dimensions.

Then I create another layer(Layer 2) and I need this layer to have some of the previous dimensions selected on the rule based layer, the problem is when I import the layer in the PDF, the dimensions that belongs to rule based layer and 2nd layer only show in the rule based layer (the common dimmensions) and I need those dimmension to be available on the Layer 1 and Layer 2 

I've been looking for 1 week on the PTC Forum and haven't been able to found anything, also have been looking for documentation and got some power points presentation but this has not helped me with my problem

Anyway, any answer will be kindly read by me, have a nice day.

DR

7 REPLIES 7
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Drs95)

Hi,

I suggest you to create example data and upload them to show the problem.

Martin Hanák
Drs95
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello Martin, thanks for your answer here I show my problem in 2 images in a word document. I hope it is clear. 

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Drs95 wrote:

Hello Martin, thanks for your answer here I show my problem in 2 images in a word document. I hope it is clear. 

Hi,

I can't see any Word document.

Note: It would be better to upload Creo files.

Martin Hanák
Drs95
5-Regular Member

Hi Martin, I can't share the creo document because is confidencial also, sorry for not attaching the word. Here it is

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

1.] I can reproduce the problem

2.] I suggest you to report the problem to PTC Support

Martin Hanák
Drs95
5-Regular Member

Hi Martin, so this is a problem it's not that I'm managing poorly the layers?

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Drs95 wrote:

Hi Martin, so this is a problem it's not that I'm managing poorly the layers?

Hi,

I think the root of the problem is imperfect Creo functionality. I guess that there is no documentation explaining how Creo manages layers during the export of drawing into PDF format.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags