cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Dimension not showing; creo elements

jellison
1-Newbie

Dimension not showing; creo elements

Ok, see my image, picture is a thousand words. I'm new. I searched discussions and help file, went through all the settings I could find. Well my dimensions are not showing? If I click on a dim line the pull arrows and the dim box pop up with the correct dim but in normal view they do not show. Any idea?

TIA

Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe you are in Creo Elements / Direct. I would guess that your arrow size and text size is set very small.

3d dim.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi John,

i could be mis-understanding your issue, but worth a try. Have you set the config option "allow 3-d dimensions" to yes?

Regards

John

Sorry out of town; ;; under File > Settings, or File > Customize, I can not find this Allow 3d dimensions anywhere. Can you help a novice point to it. BTW search in the help file for same gives nothing close. So I'm at a loss to figure it out unless it is in a config text file. Please advise, thanks for the help..

Hi John,

ok, let us try sort this out. With your drawing open, go to file>drawing options. You will find the allow_3d_dimensions option here, the default setting is no, which is probably why you cannot show the dimensions you require. Set it to 'yes'. I hope this solves the problem.

Regards

John

John,

please upload your data.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I believe you are in Creo Elements / Direct. I would guess that your arrow size and text size is set very small.

3d dim.jpg

Thanks, after changing the size of them I can see them, but I have nothing to gage this against. trial and error I suppose.

Top Tags